February 25th, 2014  |  Filed under News

How to Have a More Pleasant Ticket Buying Experience …

February 25th, 2014  |  Filed under News
Ticket cuddle puddle!

Ticket cuddle puddle!

Hi everybody!

A couple of things that may help you tomorrow (that’s Wednesday, February 26, starting at 12:00 noon PST) during the Individual Sale.

Your best bet for getting into the sale easily is to use the unique link that was in your confirmation email. If that’s not possible for you, you’ll want to use the button that will appear on the top of tickets.burningman.com (note: this will require you to manually enter your unique access code during the purchase process.). Lastly, you can always access your information in your Burner Profile, but be forewarned that this system can’t handle quite the capacity of the ticketing system.

We know you’re eager, but clicking the link before 12pm (noon) PST on Wednesday, February 26 will only give you an error message, so try to be patient and wait for noon. Not sure when 12pm (noon) PST is in your timezone? Here’s a handy timezone calculator.

Also know that during the purchase process you will be requested to either sign in to or register a Ticketfly account. It will not recognize your Burner Profile username and password (though we are working to make that a reality in the future). Even if you have a pre-existing Ticketfly account, please create a new one using the same email address as you’ve listed in your Burner Profile.

Thanks and happy ticketing!

78 Responses to “How to Have a More Pleasant Ticket Buying Experience …”

1. Holly c Says:

Won’t it cause an error if I already have
    A ticket fly account under the same email
    Address on my burner profile? Sorry I didn’t
    Quite understand if I sign in and use it or
    attempt to create a new one….

2. oddty711 Says:

If your ticket fly account email and burner profile emails match you should be fine. That wasn’t an issue during the directed sale, at least not for me.

3. ChrissyA Says:

“Also know that during the purchase process you will be requested to either sign in to or register a Ticketfly account… Even if you have a pre-existing Ticketfly account, please create a new one using the same email address as you’ve listed in your Burner Profile.”

This is confusing. If I already have a Ticketfly account with the same email as my Burn Profile, how can I create a new Ticketfly account?

4. Nick Says:

Hello. I missed the pre-registration on 20th-23rd. Can I still register as well as buy on 26th?

Thanks

5. Max Says:

CAN we buy 2 tickets with the same profile ?

6. Jeff G Says:

Good list of questions and answers courtesy of Reddit AMA

7. Scatter Says:

Nick – You cannot register during the sale. Sorry. Your last avenue of purchase is STEP (tba) or the ‘Oh My God’ sale in August (don’t miss the registration for that or you’re out of luck) If you are unsuccessful in either, please remember: ACCEPT NO SCALPERS. Good luck and hope to see you in the dirt!

8. sandman Says:

Good question, Max. I just assumed I could buy two tickets with me being the only registered participant. Very big deal. Clarification anyone?

9. Aislí Says:

2 tickets can b bought per person

10. unitivity Says:

make sure your credit card will pass when called ahead of time for the amount needed by going to your bank and telling them ahead of time it is coming.

11. Dmccurdy Says:

TIP! After you are in the “Waiting Room” and doing the refresh page dance, you may get kicked out and receive a “invalid access code” error. It happened to most of us in the “directed sale”. Clear your cache or change to a different browser or you will forever get the error.

12. Blue Says:

So as I understand it, the TicketFly account will need to have the same email as the Burner Profile. Does it matter if the TicketFly email uses the primary or alternate email listed in the Burner Profile?

13. H. Says:

Is there a browser that works best for this?

14. KimiKitty Says:

H. :: Chrome or Firefox is your best bet. IE is not recommended!

15. Heather Says:

I pre-registered but did not receive a “code.” Does this mean I did something wrong during the registration process?

16. Pooh Bear Says:

DON’T PANIC

17. Sean Mahoney Says:

Don’t have bank account/credit card so I have to purchase prepaid gift cards. The problem is that I am purchasing 2 tickets and you can only put a maximum of $500. on each prepaid card….will I be able to use both cards on one purchase of 2 tickets?

18. Sean Mahoney Says:

How does Safari work with the ticket site?

19. Clarence Says:

When im in the “waiting room” as dmccurdy called it, does it help to refresh the page all the time? Or there is no need??

Thanx

20. jake Says:

same here, been waiting for 5 min, on hold…

21. Glenn Stowe Says:

Well that was easy. Kudos to the ticketing team, and to the poor folks in the directed sale who got to beta test and iron out the bugs for the rest of us poor schleps. Less than a minute in and out. Reports coming in from our whole camp about a smooth experience. Got some happy campers here!!

22. Walt Says:

Is American Express accepted as payment type? Burning man site says no but TicketFly says yes.

23. Alex Says:

Got on right at 12 PST, still on hold. Here’s to hoping …

24. Jim Says:

Did you wait in the “hold tight waiting room” at all?

25. Wookie Says:

I never got an access code in an email, my profile is complete. where is my access code????

26. Simon Quigley Says:

No joy here, I’m just stuck with “We’re currently processing a high volume of orders” in a loop that goes round and round forever, for the last 17 minutes.

27. Alex Says:

Same here Simon

28. BARK Says:

Wow. That was the best ticket experience ever! I can’t believe I am returning to Black Rock! And now the real work begins. See you in the dust!

29. BARK Says:

I was in holding for 9.3 seconds.

30. Jon D Says:

the series of 30 second count downs started at 1 minute after and still continues 23 mins later. Would opening multiple pages with the count down going on them using the same browser have any effect on it positive or negative?

31. Graham Says:

The page has been refreshing for 30 mins. Not sure if it’s even working. This purchase process doesn’t seem to have enough support to manage your needs.

32. Wookie Says:

Where the Fuck is this Promo Code?????????????????????????????????????????

33. Randy Says:

20 minutes later & the process is done.
    Much better than 3.5 hours last year.

Good luck to everyone

Thanks Ticketfly for a easier time.

34. Kristina Says:

Promo code is in the e-mail when you registered, I think. I’ve been in the waiting room for 30min…any thoughts from successful ticket holders? I’m guessing you wouldn’t be on this page if you got your ticket already :)

35. Stephen Says:

How long will the tickets be available today? Gone in 1H or maybe 2H?

I have been doing the waiting dance since 12:01pm….Do I get some benefit from waiting since the initial log in?

36. Minneapolis Says:

I’ve been at this for a half hour now. Just waiting for that countdown to stop repeating…

37. Doug Says:

logged on at 12 noon, had my ticket and vehicle pass at 12:18 – AMAZING

38. Kaelin Says:

I’m already getting messages this no more tickets are available- is that true?? I just got through!

39. Brendan Says:

37 minutes of “Hold Tight” with no information on the queue size and no other indication that it’s working does not make for a quality experience.

40. Simon Quigley Says:

Wow, what a disaster, although I managed to get my tickets.

I’d signed into Ticketfly with Facebook, but that doesn’t work when you try to login to pay for tickets. The page finally refreshed and let me get the tickets, but when I tried to login to pay, I couldn’t login with Facebook, got some “canvas url” error.

I couldn’t login with my email directly since I didn’t have a password set, so I had to do a password reset, set one, and could then login to pay. Horrible.

41. Shari Says:

My page has been refreshing since 12:03
    That is a 35 minute wait :(
    Too long
    Is it suppose to take this long? I logged in at 12:03

42. John Says:

Yeah, nervously stuck in the waiting loop for about twenty-five minutes now. Hoping there’s no discrimination against those of us outside the US!!!

43. Curtis Says:

To any successful ticket purchasers, is it better to only use one computer at a time in the waiting room? Or, am i increasing my chances having 2 computers on different browsers going for it? thanks!

44. Jim Says:

I was in the hold tight waiting room for 19 mins before it let me in. I did nothing tricky like open 2 web sessions o…I just waited and watched. After that it was quick… Good luck and txs to all who organized this…!

45. BARK Says:

I’m still here. I wish I could offer suggestions. My “unique code” appeared on my burner profile page after I registered. If that helps.

46. Ben Says:

Once the tickets are sold out, will the Ticketfly waiting room page display a message to that effect, so we’re not stuck watching the “hold tight” countdown long after they’re gone?

47. Graham Says:

Still not in. Ticketfly really must have screwed up. I hope next year we get another choice of vendor that can handle the required bandwidth.

48. Wookie Says:

I did register on time, never got any access code, Fuck You Too

49. Stephen Says:

How long will the page give me, if it brings me to the next step?

Trying to keep an eye on my work PC (working) and Ticket PC….don’t want ot miss the window….

50. JK Says:

Logged in at 12:00:02. 35 minutes later I have my two tickets. BRC here we come!!!

51. Alyssa Says:

Will ticket fly charge my account at the time of purchase ? Please help ?

52. John Says:

I was in, made my ticket choices, and then I’ve been bumped out again… wazzup??? Did I lose my place in the line?

53. Graham Says:

I think Ticketfly just crashed. I got a weird error after about 50 mins of waiting.

54. Ben Says:

Uh-oh. Around 12:47 the waiting room was replaced by “We’re currently experiencing high demand. Please keep trying. Try refreshing this page every 15 seconds. Tickets may become available shortly.”

Do we lose our place in line?

55. BARK Says:

Ticketfly immediately charged my account.

56. Brendan Says:

And now we’re bumped from the “Hold tight.” page to a “We’re currently experiencing high demand” page asking us to manually refresh every 15 seconds. This is horrible.

57. TychoBass Says:

Logged on using link in confirmation e-mail at 12:00:45. High Volume page came up and refreshed auto 30 secs till 12:44 PST with message re: cant fulfill order, choose a lower number. I only wanted one! Shut out. Bummed

58. Graham Says:

Yup, now it says sale is off. What a fail.

59. Stephen Says:

I got bumped out, when the page didn’t refresh (51 minutes)….and now trying to get back in….won’t let me log in, or it is taking forever to reload….

I finally get a secondary screen saying “Keep refreshing every 15 seconds; Tickets may become available.”??

Seriously?

60. John Says:

WTF is going on!!!!!!?????????????????

61. Steve Says:

BM Tickets tweeted 10 minutes ago that individual tickets are already sold out. Really???

62. lolly gavaghan Says:

cant get in to buy tickets, it keeps telling me my code is invalid!!

63. Jjt Says:

That sucks. I guess we aren’t going this year.

64. Still Waiting Says:

“And now we’re bumped from the “Hold tight.” page to a “We’re currently experiencing high demand” page asking us to manually refresh every 15 seconds.”

Yep. Still hammering at the site along with a lot of other people. Stress testing, fail. Probably not the best idea to ask everyone to flood them.

65. Ben Says:

Ticketfly now displays “No more tickets at this time.”

66. SOLD OUT Says:

SOLD OUT!!!

67. Alyssa Says:

Is this a new record ?? Oh my goodness !

68. Joanie Says:

Did everything right, (preregistration, online as soon as they were available) but never got in. Now in less than one hour they are sold out? Please send me 2 tickets. Blessings.

69. Stephen Says:

Very disappointed with TicketFly….I have never had a good experience getting tickets through them….

Maybe next year, they will have the systems to properly handle the transactions.

Have fun!

70. Brendan Says:

Very disappointing experience. In the queue at 12:01. Burned an hour of watching a meaningless countdown timer and attempting to refresh a non-responding page. Left with nothing but a negative view of BM’s and TicketFly’s organization.

71. Selling Tickets Says:

Big Surprise, eh?

72. JaneHow Says:

I started at 12:00:28. Looks like those 28 seconds made a difference as I did not get tickets.

73. JaneHow Says:

I mean 28 hundredths…

74. Baraka Says:

My heart goes out to all who are having difficulties purchasing tickets. Don’t give up. Remember, many tickets become available as the Event approaches!

75. jacob Says:

I am a bit sad that after all the preparation and my code I was not able to get a single ticket Did I stand a change ? And being a first burner and artist with a bucketlist. Hope I CAN FIND A TICKET.

76. lesterp Says:

Eight of us on at 12:00 or shortly thereafter. Some had their browser hang, some just got bumped out, one got tickets. Wasted an hour. Come on burning man, we can do better than this. As a long time burner and SF neighbor this is a bit embarrassing.

77. Will Chase Says:

If you have a question or issue with the ticket sale, please email ticketsupport here: ticketsupport (at) burningman.com … we’re not using this comment thread as a customer service channel.

We’re closing comments on this post so people don’t get the idea that we’re handling support here.

78. Kira Says:

I know you’re going to hear this a TON, but I was also in the cue within 3 or 4 minutes, and I watched the refresh throughout the next 55 minutes or so, then the refresh screen changed to a manual one. Did that a number of times (although it was unclear whether it was actually refreshing or not at that point), then got the “No More Tickets At This Time” screen. Disappointing. It’s hard to get enthusiastic about working on a project without knowing whether I will even get to go, and that means another year (like last one) of trying to put together a project last minute when I finally got tickets through STEP. I know you guys are trying to iterate every year to make ticketing better and more fair, and the Directed Group Sale is certainly a big part of that. — I hope you keep trying to improve on the individual sales. — Burner since 1999.