Do you remember that moment when Burning Man changed your life? How do you participate in making Burning Man?
We’re looking for videos under six minutes, shot on or off playa, where you tell your story in the phenomenon called Burning Man. Just you and the camera, tell your story.
– Video must be under 6 minutes
– Video must be posted on Youtube, Vimeo, BlipTV, Flickr, or another free video hosting platform that allows embedding and linking. Please do NOT email actual video files – host them elsewhere and share the link instead.
– You must have permission/model release from any other featured individuals (besides you) to use their image in your piece. (NOTE: Please be aware of participant privacy, as you would for any public video shot at the event. If you shot video with a personal use registration tag it is okay to use that footage for this project, but if your friends or campmates are recognizable in the video, it’s policy — and really, good etiquette — for you to let them know you now plan to share the footage with a much wider audience than your own friends and family. If you can’t manage to contact recognizable individuals in your shots, use other footage instead).
– By posting and submitting your film/video for this Video Call, you agree to let Burning Man share (and possibly excerpt or remix) your work for “Burning Man related video projects”.
– All submissions must be sent to cameratales here: cameratales (at) burningman.com with a working URL link and a credit list by December 1, 2011.
– Content containing nudity, violence, copyrighted materials or illegal acts will not be considered.
Winning Submissions will be announced in 2012. We will celebrate on Playa and beyond!! Lights…camera…Action!