WHAT: Admin Assistant position available
WHERE: Burning Man office/San Francisco
WHEN: Send resume/cover letter by Thursday, June 16th
CONTACT: admin-assistant-job here: admin-assistant-job (at) burningman.com
BLACK ROCK CITY / BURNING MAN
OPEN POSITION: ADMIN ASSISTANT
Larry Harvey's Desk: A Cry For Help
This posting will be open until Thursday, June 16th.
Principals only – no recruiters/agents – please email resumes to Admin-assistant-job here: Admin-assistant-job (at) burningman.com and include “Admin Assistant Position” in the subject line.
Black Rock City/Burning Man is currently in need of an experienced Administrative Assistant responsible for providing administrative support for various departments and managers in the San Francisco Burning Man office as well as on playa in NV during event time. Work may involve internal and external contacts, administrative support of department processes and procedures, mailings, copying, faxing, making travels plans, scheduling, taking meeting minutes, etc.
Judgment, professionalism, and initiative are frequently exercised in answering and interpreting verbal and written communications and projects.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Administrative Support 95%
- Perform administrative tasks including filing, completing expense reports, sending out mailings, making copies, typing letters and correspondence, doing follow-up, etc.
- Assist with calendaring and scheduling.
- Take meeting minutes as needed/assigned.
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters, presentations.
- Conduct Internet research projects on a variety of topics as assigned.
- Make travel arrangements for staff as necessary.
- Handle larger copy jobs for various staff.
- Light project management.
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
- Serve as back-up for reception duties.
- On playa, this position will support the administrative and clerical function of the organization.
Other Duties 5%
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Two to three years of administrative support or clerical experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, i.e., advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet browsers, email clients; strong knowledge of FileMaker Pro and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Ability to maintain personal integrity and uphold high standards of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish and deliver results on-time.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to take direction from more than one person.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Familiarity with Burning Man.
- Ability to adjust work schedule seasonally.
- Must work on-site in the San Francisco office.
- Professional, outgoing personality conducive to representing Burning Man to a wide variety of participants, local community members and vendors at events and functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; the ability to drive and lift 40 pounds is required.
This is a part-to-fulltime (hours may vary), regular position eligible for benefits in our San Francisco office. If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter by Thursday, June 16th to admin-assistant-job here: admin-assistant-job (at) burningman.com and include “Admin Assistant Position” in the subject line.