Spire of Fire is the [BRAF]’s fourth installation at our public art venue in Reno, Nevada, and will be on display June 20 – Nov. 15, 2011, on the corner of Sierra Street and Island Avenue, on the bank of the Truckee River in downtown Reno. Previously exhibited at Burning Man in 2010, Spire of Fire, by artists Steve Atkins and Eric Smith, is unique in its materials, (stainless steel and propane fueled fire) scale (48’ tall x 30’) and artistic vision.
Join us to celebrate this ongoing collaboration with the Reno community!
Friday, June 24, 2011
The River Walk
Sierra St. at Island Ave
5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Dj’s spinning from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Hula Hoop Jam from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Controlled Burn and Friends spin fire 8:30 – 10:00
- Artwork’s fire effects alight! 8:30 – 10:00
- Wine and Beer will be sold as a BRAF fundraiser, courtesy of Wild River Grill
- and be sure to catch all the activities on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings during Artown in Reno
. Free fun for the family!
photo: Leo Sauerman