Free To Be You & Larry

Here’s a little fable about a favorite playa photo and thoughts about Kickstarter, a fundraising tool that is gaining popularity among Burners.

Love,

Halcyon )'(

**NOTE: I AM NOT AN OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE OF BURNING MAN. I am merely a 13-year Participant with a passion for the event, people, and principles of Burning Man. Half-baked ideas & views expressed aren’t necessarily those of the Burning Man organization.” **

About the author: John "Halcyon" Styn

Halcyon is a 17-year Burning Man participant and founder of Pink Heart camp. He is author of "Love more. Fear less." and producer of the Burning Man short film, "The Pink Path." He's won Webby awards for his over-the-top personal site CockyBastard.com & his "Love On Demand" video podcast HugNation.com. He hosted the defunct NBC.com web series "Fears. Regrets. Desires." and frequently speaks about Gratitude & Gifting. In 2010, Halcyon co-founded the San Diego based "1st Saturdays" homeless outreach program based on Burning Man Principles and the idea of "Service Without Sacrifice." You can find his digital home at www.JohnStyn.com.

13 thoughts on “Free To Be You & Larry

• I’m a huge kickstarter fan. There were so many sites that popped up in the past that tried to do the same thing as kickstarter and they never quite took flight. So happy to see that kickstarter took flight! Love that burners are using it so much and having success too!

• “Didn’t you see anything good along the way?” Just the right whimsy of a deeper thought I was looking for … can I use that in a song!?

Great post Halcyon … thanks!

:D

• “A destination is merely an excuse for motion. And then allow the adventure to begin. And then allow yourself to be pulled into whatever miracles await on the Playa or anywhere. ”

Great great words and way of thinking John. I have watched a whole bunch of your videos and never fail to come away with some new thought that ends up sticking with me.

Hope to meet you someday. Maybe even on the Playa this year which will be my virgin year.

• John, I just want to add my thanks for sharing your thoughts, insights and advice on your videos. I keep stumbling upon them all over the place as I prepare for my VIRGIN Playa experience!

Nancy
    Seattle

61 years old – I think it’s about time to let the kid out to play, don’t you? ;~)

• What a wonderful portrayal of the way LH smokes. Everything he does has such profound meaning. Kind of like the Dalai Lama with a hat and many much more enlightened followers like you and I.

• Last year was my first Burn and it was wonderful. Love your videos. The one about gifting was so helpful and gave my spirit a huge lift. I especially like the one about showering behind the water truck. I think I saw you there but didn’t want to poke a total stranger so I held back. Did that once. The guy was really cool about it. He looked just like a friend of mine from the back/side! This year I’m gonna look you up. :o)

• Nancy from Seattle you’re just gonna love it. This will be my second and I’ll be there every year as long as I can still move. lol I’m 65 and there are lots of others in our age group who attend every year. I don’t have a red hat but I do wear purple. :o) And I don’t view age as a number. It’s an attitude!