September 2nd, 2010  |  Filed under Participate!

Peacetropolis!

September 2nd, 2010  |  Filed under Participate!

Peacetropolis! ~ image by Ashanti Vivia - SentienZe MediA (Artist's Rendering)

On Thursday morning  these are the instructions to create the image above:

Meet @ the Man )’(  Thursday September 2nd @ 11 am.  We (Burners/art cars/buses) will extend in 4 directions to start.  Up to temple – down to center camp – down to 7:30 – down to 4:30.  Get ready for satellite flyby pix @ 11:41 am exactly!!!!! :D    Ắsḩḁŋṫi ૐ Ṽiṿiḁŋ

There is going to be a satellite photo taken of Burning Man on Thursday morning at 11:41 exactly, and this is Ashanti’s vision of creating a peace symbol for the photo.  We will let you know how it turns out!

9 Responses to “Peacetropolis!”

1. Raichu Says:

WOW! What a fantastic idea. I can’t wait to see the results! )’(

2. Face Says:

Gay.
    I liked it better when we all Bare Assed the satellite.
    What year did we do that?
    2007?

3. nuns Says:

is there a link to the photo floating around yet?

4. Mr Moose Says:

Yes, you can see in in google earth using the “GeoEye Featured Image” section. Enable it and you will see an Icon @BRC, which you can click upon to reveal the image. There’s no peace sign however. I guess it was indeed the wrong date.

Cheers,
    Mr Moose

5. brian gerbrandt Says:

I mountian biked with ALL the gear from Canada to Burning Man 2010 and was the first one through the gates 6:00 pm Aug 30th 2010.

Thank you Burning Man organizers for making me feel safe, welcome and right at home, in Black Rock City.

brian

6. ScoobyDoo Says:

http://twitpic.com/2p2bpz is where you can find the highest satellite quality image available from September 2, 2010 11:41am taken at Burning Man 2010. It’s not the best, but at least it is there. GeoEye says they didn’t take a higher resolution version that day. You can see the Human Peace sign I made at around 5:50 and G. The water truck was just ready to come by 2 minutes before the photo and luckily we were able to get up, ask him not to spray, and get back in place in time. Ron from Jungle Camp helped me gather people. Anyone with contact info on them please let them know Ranger ScoobyDoo lost their info. I believe his wife name is Mary. Please give them my contact info.

I know there were other Rangers at 6pm and G (or H?) who took ground photos from the peace sign. Please forward them to me if anyone has them.
    GeoEye has already published a fresh satellite image to their “Featured Imagery” layer in Google Earth. You can find the layer titled “GeoEye featured Imagery” under the “More” section of your layers. Fly to this KML and turn the layer on. I believe the higher resolution is an image taken from September 1st.

Ranger ScoobyDoo (Michael)

7. Rachel Says:

I was really excited to see this, and now I really see how small my camp was in relation to the entire city. Thanks BRC for putting me in my place, in a good way.
    <3 ya,
    R

8. affinity Says:

It seems there was a peacesymbol around the Man during the satellite photo!!