August 18th, 2010  |  Filed under Culture (Art & Music)

Assembling Bliss Dance!

August 18th, 2010  |  Filed under Culture (Art & Music)

OMG! Isn't she amazing!

Attaching her arm

The light in her eye

Her joint - Exposed

Her head awaits connection

What an amazing afternoon we had yesterday, I love my community.  My friends and I went to watch the test run for assembling Bliss Dance, a forty foot female who is headed for [BM].  It was so exciting to see her arm attached, from the inside out.  I don’t know exactly where she will be on the Playa, but I bet she will be hard to miss.  So stop by and see her, she is waiting to dance with YOU!

photos: Keith Gardner

13 Responses to “Assembling Bliss Dance!”

1. Workinonit! Says:

Stunning!

2. affinity Says:

JoeJoe is working on the lighting for Bliss Dance and he took some photos last night. WOW!

3. Tangles Says:

BEEEEAUTIFUL!!! Save a dance for me.

4. Don Cochrane Says:

- this is where the Bliss Dance will be located. note highlight:
    - these are the four Flickr sets on progress of the sculpture that i made for my son, Marco- about 200 pages altogether, starting from the beginning:

5. Showerboy Says:

Unbelievable! Can’t wait to dance with Bliss!

6. Randomania Says:

What a beautiful sculpture. I love the pose. Can’t wait to see this!

7. SmokeyJoe Says:

She will be @ 1 o’clock and Esplanade, ready to move and groove with all her Playa Family!

8. Kahele Dunn Says:

Fantastic! We saw the very begining of this build and were in awe. You have been working hard. Beautiful piece! I love your work!

9. George C. Says:

That’s my brother’s baby! (along with his tireless crew)

I was there at the initial test build and I CAN’T WAIT to see it in full glory on the playa. Blowing minds for sure.

10. Maria Tobo Says:

WOW! incredible! cant wait to see it on the playa! who/where’s the camp that worked on this gonna be located?

11. Lantern Says:

She reigned as Goddess of the Playa 2010. I fell in love, and I’m a gay man! Thanks to everyone who was a large or small part of all the work — her creation, installation, and deinstallation.

12. Truth is Beauty – Lit Up with Custom Total Control Lighting for the Playa » Cool Neon EL Wire Says:

[…] a long time.  Two of my favorite posts, one about Bliss Dance getting ready for the Playa is Assembling Bliss Dance and then when she went to Treasure Island, Bliss Dance Has Emerged. Well now I have the pleasure of […]

13. Burning Blog » Blog Archive » Have You Ever Slid Down Into a Volcano? Says:

[…] I have been writing about Bliss Dance Studios for several years. They are my friends and I am a BIG fan. My favorite blog post was when they were assembling Bliss Dance before Burning Man 2010. There were some pretty scary moments and from where I was sitting, it was a miracle when it all fit together.  It was their first try at art of this size, you can see that post HERE. […]