August 18th, 2010  |  Filed under Culture (Art & Music)

Assembling Bliss Dance!

August 18th, 2010  |  Filed under Culture (Art & Music)

OMG! Isn't she amazing!

Attaching her arm

The light in her eye

Her joint - Exposed

Her head awaits connection

What an amazing afternoon we had yesterday, I love my community.  My friends and I went to watch the test run for assembling Bliss Dance, a forty foot female who is headed for [BM].  It was so exciting to see her arm attached, from the inside out.  I don’t know exactly where she will be on the Playa, but I bet she will be hard to miss.  So stop by and see her, she is waiting to dance with YOU!

photos: Keith Gardner

11 Responses to “Assembling Bliss Dance!”

1. Workinonit! Says:

Stunning!

2. affinity Says:

JoeJoe is working on the lighting for Bliss Dance and he took some photos last night. WOW!

3. Tangles Says:

BEEEEAUTIFUL!!! Save a dance for me.

4. Don Cochrane Says:

- this is where the Bliss Dance will be located. note highlight:
    - these are the four Flickr sets on progress of the sculpture that i made for my son, Marco- about 200 pages altogether, starting from the beginning:

5. Showerboy Says:

Unbelievable! Can’t wait to dance with Bliss!

6. Randomania Says:

What a beautiful sculpture. I love the pose. Can’t wait to see this!

7. SmokeyJoe Says:

She will be @ 1 o’clock and Esplanade, ready to move and groove with all her Playa Family!

8. Kahele Dunn Says:

Fantastic! We saw the very begining of this build and were in awe. You have been working hard. Beautiful piece! I love your work!

9. George C. Says:

That’s my brother’s baby! (along with his tireless crew)

I was there at the initial test build and I CAN’T WAIT to see it in full glory on the playa. Blowing minds for sure.

10. Maria Tobo Says:

WOW! incredible! cant wait to see it on the playa! who/where’s the camp that worked on this gonna be located?

11. Lantern Says:

She reigned as Goddess of the Playa 2010. I fell in love, and I’m a gay man! Thanks to everyone who was a large or small part of all the work — her creation, installation, and deinstallation.