The Reno-Tahoe International Airport is hosting a Pre-Playa Party! YOU are invited to participate!
The Airport Authority is hosting a celebration of the partnership between Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Burning Man and of the thousands of air travelers this event brings to the region, on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 from 5pm – 7pm.
The event will be held in the Connector Collections Art Gallery, but will begin outside in the front terminal. There will be:
- Burning Man Art Cars parked outside the main terminal with Guests and performers gathering outside, then a fun parade of Burners and performers leading through the terminal and up to the second floor of the airport to the Connector Collections Gallery,
- Attendees are encouraged to dress in costume,
- At the gallery, there will be music, performance, and,
- A short ceremony, which will include, Krys Bart, the President/CEO of the Airport Authority, a speaker or two from the Burning Man organization and the Black Rock Arts Foundation, andwe hope the City of Reno Mayor and/or the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority may be available to greet us,
- We would love to have another fun performance, perhaps YOU,
- Then there will be light refreshments, more music and mingling so we can enjoy the as we enjoy From Playa to Runway: The Art of Burning Man
- We would love to hear your suggestions regarding music, performers. Any ideas you have to make the event fun. (Except, unfortunately, no fire.)
IF you are interested in participating in this event please email and give us the following information:
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- TYPE of PARTICIPATION, ART CAR, PERFORMER (NO FIRE), MUSICAL BAND OR ANYTHING MUSICAL, COLORFUL PARTICIPATION ,OR SOMETHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST
Last year’s Burning Man Festival brought 15,000 attendees through the airport and it is 2nd largest annual event to impact air travel at Reno-Tahoe International Airport. Last year the airport coordinated with Burning Man staff to set up a welcome table in Baggage Claim. There was such an incredible response that we are hosting an information/welcome table again this year. According to a “Sign In book” that was at the table in 2008, Burning Man gave true meaning to the word “International” in the name Reno-Tahoe International Airport. Visitors came from far away countries such as: Australia, Taiwan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Scotland, Iceland, Argentina, Israel, Monaco, India, Columbia, Brazil, Switzerland, Egypt, Turkey, Italy and more.
In 2009, the Reno-Tahoe International Airport is taking our partnership to new heights! From Playa to Runway – The Art of Burning Man is the current display at the Connector Collections Gallery, located on the 2nd floor of the airport terminal building (before security). In an effort to share some of the event’s magic, this exhibit is comprised of several elements from Burning Man and is compliments of Burning Man and the Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) It includes photography, souvenirs, three-dimensional displays and samples of the unique artwork that makes Burning Man so special. The exhibit runs through September 14, 2009.
photo: West Studio